City Beach is scheduled to open Saturday, May 28 and will be open 10am -7pm, weather permitting. Watercraft rentals will also be available, weather permitting.
Early season - until school is out - hours are as follows (weather permitting)
- Saturday, May 28 through Monday, May 30 (Memorial Day) 10am – 7pm
- Tuesday, May 31, Wednesday, June 1 & Friday, June 3 3pm – 7pm
- Saturday, June 4 & Sunday, June 5 10am – 7pm
- Monday-Wednesday, June 6-8 3pm – 7pm
- Friday, June 10 12pm – 7pm
Regular hours begin Saturday, June 11 10am – 7pm
** The Beach will be closed for training Thursdays, June 2 & 9
Beach Bands must be purchased for anyone age 6 and up in order to swim.
Beach Bands can be purchased at the beach. Purchase bands from lifeguards on site during beach hours.
Daily Band: $3 resident; $6 nonresident*
Season Band: $25 resident; $50 nonresident*
*Residents are those who reside in the City and pay City of Oconomowoc taxes. Non-residents are individuals who reside outside the City of Oconomowoc. This includes the Town of Oconomowoc.
Children under age 6 are free with a paid adult.
Adult must be within arm’s reach of the child at all times.
- Beach bands are required at all city beaches and can be purchased at the guard house. Beach bands must be worn on the sand and in the water.
- Children 5 and under are not allowed in the water unless a parent or adult over the age of 16 is at arm’s-length away from them.
- Only strong swimmers are allowed at the piers. Floatation devices must remain in the shallow section.
- No swimming under the piers, hanging on the ropes, buoys, or ladders. Only one person on the ladder at a time. No climbing down the ladder.
- Horseplay, such as running, splashing, pushing/shoving, or dunking, is not permitted.
- No backwards jumps, back dives or flips off of the piers.
- No throwing sand/rocks, swearing, or sitting/standing on another person's shoulders.
- Swimming in long pants is prohibited.
- Glass, grills, bikes, and pets are not allowed in the park. Alcohol is prohibited on the beach, but allowed in the park. No food or drink in the water.
- Fishing in or near the swimming or boat launch area is not allowed.
- No feeding the waterfowl (per city ordinance).