We are less then one week before starting football! Thank you to those that made it a priority to come to equipment handout Sunday as you now know, it is a process that involves a large team of volunteers!
Conditioning starts Monday and is mandatory.
- Conditioning is held at the High School practice fields which is the same location that practices will be held.
- You must be present at all 10 hours of conditioning Monday through Friday, August 2-6 from 5:30-7:30pm at the High School practice fields.
- Players should wear shorts (no girdle) and t-shirts and bring their helmet & mouthguard to conditioning. Bring plenty of water!
Full-pad practice will begin August 9 and will take place Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-7:30pm at the High School practice fields.
- Teams will be drafted into equal teams facilitated by the Gridiron Club and High School Coaches on August 13.
- No team requests will be accepted.
- All teams will continue to practice together as “one team” and will only be separated for Saturday games.
- Players should wear shorts with girdle/knee pads, shoulder pads, practice jersey, helmet, mouthguard and cleats for practices. Again, bring plenty of water!
Jersey distribution and team photos will take place Wednesday, August 18 at 5pm at the High School. Arrive on time (or early)!
- Coaches will quickly distribute jerseys and photos will begin promptly at 5:30pm so that we do not run out of daylight.
- Players should wear their full uniform. They will receive their jersey followed by team and individual photos through empire photography. We will be taking one team photo for 5th grade and one team photo for 6th grade as well as individual player photos.
- Players will be emailed proofs so you are not obligated to purchase photos.
Scrimmages will be held August 21 - location and times are TBD. Games will begin August 28 (no games September 4).
- Games schedules and additional program information is available on the Oconomowoc Football website: https://www.raccoonfootball.org/ .
- There will also be plenty of volunteer opportunities posted on the football website so for those that cannot coach, sign up to help in other ways to ensure that the program can continue for years to come! The entire football program is only possible with a “community” of support.
As a reminder, players are required to have the following equipment:
· 7-pad girdle or 5-pad girdle & volleyball style knee pads
· Purple socks
· Purple belt
Receiver’s gloves and undershirts are optional.
KM Sports will leave the online store open through the week for any last-minute needs.
Please follow the below link to reach the Oconomowoc Football store:
*Note: As a reminder, personal responsibility remains critically important during this time to keep your family healthy.
- Players that show symptoms of a viral infection (i.e., cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, etc.) should not attend any practices or games. At-risk individuals, should refrain from playing.
- Please practice proper hygiene, wash hands frequently with soap and water, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (when soap and water are not available), abstain from touching your face, and cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue.
- Individuals should bring their own water bottles. Please refrain from using drinking fountains if possible.
- Practice social distancing and keep personal space whenever possible.
Oconomowoc 5th/6th Grade Football Coordinator:
Jerad Adams 414-940-2076