Rookie Raccoons Football Equipment and Program Details
- Equipment hand-out will take place Sunday, July 25 at the Oconomowoc High School Cafeteria.
- 6th grade from 1-2pm
- 5th grade from 2-3pm
- There is no alternate equipment handout date.
- You must attend your scheduled time to ensure that there is adequate staff for proper equipment fitting.
- Players must be present as proper fitting of protective equipment is imperative.
- If all equipment is not turned in, you will be billed $250.00 or a portion thereof depending on what is missing.
- An additional fee of $15.00 is imposed if the equipment is not turned in at the assigned time
Note: You will not be able to receive equipment if you do not have a physical on file at the Oconomowoc Recreation Department. Physical cards are due no later than July 21.
REQUIRED PLAYER EQUIPMENT
- You will be responsible for purchasing the following equipment for your player:
- Cleats, (purple, gold, black or white)
- Padded girdle - (This includes EITHER a 7-pad girdle OR a 5-pad girdle PLUS volleyball style knee pads)
- Mouth guard (purple, gold, black or white)
- Purple socks
- Receivers gloves optional, (purple, gold, black or white)
- Purchase equipment online
CONDITIONING AND PRACTICE
- Conditioning week is Monday–Friday August 2–6 from 5:30-7:30pm at the High School
- Conditioning week is mandatory. Note: no player will be allowed to wear full pads until all 10 hours of acclimatization are completed.
- The first five practices are unpadded.
- Players should wear shorts, t-shirt, helmet, mouth guard, and knee pads.
- After a player has completed the first five practices (10 hours of acclimatization) they can begin to wear pads.
- Conditioning week is Monday–Friday August 2–6 from 5:30-6:30pm at the High School
- Physical Card Due to the office – July 21
- Football Camp at OHS – July 19 -21 (2-3pm) Must be registered through OASD.
- Equipment Hand-out – July 25 (6th grade from 1-2pm and 5th grade from 2-3pm)
- Conditioning Week – August 2-6 (5:30-7:30pm at OHS)
- First padded practice – August 9
- Team formation – August 13
- Scrimmages – August 21
- Season Begins – August 28
- OHS Youth Night – September 2
- OHS Homecoming – October 1
- Final Game – October 16
- Equipment Turn-in – October 30
The full Rookie Raccoons Football schedules will be on the Oconomowoc Racoons Website: https://www.raccoonfootball.org/rookieraccoons. Please note all events have not been added but will be soon.