The City of Oconomowoc is continually monitoring the current and fluid COVID-19 situation and safety of our staff, volunteers and participants are a primary consideration. This change is necessary for due to the number of participants and families that will be in attendance as well as access to the OASD facilities.
These guidelines have been developed based on State and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations and recommendations from the Waukesha County Health Department. We expect these guidelines to change over time and we will distribute updates as necessary. Personal responsibility remains critically important during this time to keep your family healthy. Please discuss these guidelines with your family and help them understand the importance of making good choices.
- Self-quarantine: Players, and family members that show symptoms of a viral infection (i.e., cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, etc.) should not attend any programs or classes. At risk individuals, especially the elderly should refrain from attending class.
- Social Distancing: Team sizes have been reduced to allow for smaller crowds. All players, staff, volunteers and spectators should practice social distancing of 6 ft. wherever possible. Only one parent should attend class with their child whenever possible to minimize crowds. As the Waukesha County and Department of Public Instruction guidelines are reevaluated throughout the summer, this may change. Spectators should bring their own chairs and spread out.
- Hands-on Practice: Parents will be asked to help with hands-on instruction to assist their child to minimize coach/volunteer contact.
- Water Bottles and Hand Sanitizer: Individuals should bring their own water bottles. Families are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer and sanitize frequently throughout the class. Hand sanitizer will NOT be provided.
- Food: Players and parents should refrain from eating food while playing or spectating.
- Hygiene/Hand Washing/Touching Face: Please practice proper hygiene, wash hands frequently with soap and water, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (when soap and water are not available), abstain from touching your face and cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue. Families may wear masks if they prefer to do so. Masks will NOT be provided.
- Player Equipment: Equipment should not be shared whenever possible. Participants should bring their own glove, and batting helmet if they have one. Players should wear batting gloves as much as possible. Personal player equipment should not be shared and should be spaced in accordingly to prevent close contact. Helmets will be sanitized between use. All equipment will be sanitized in between classes.
- Practice/Game Structure: Practice will consist of drills and fundamentals and players will be spread out to minimize closeness. When game situations are played, players will be spaced 6’ on the sidelines/dugout and should practice social distancing whenever possible.
- No Handshakes/Celebrations: Players and coaches should refrain from handshakes, high fives, fist/elbow bumps, chest bumps, group celebrations, etc. Teamwork and good sportsmanship will be celebrated in different ways.
Additional program and team information in addition to any additional modifications or program changes will be emailed at the end of June.