March 20, 2020 3:24 PM
Ocon Recreation Programs Update
To our Oconomowoc Recreation Participants,
The City of Oconomowoc continues to monitor the COVID-19 virus pandemic and is listening to the advice of Federal, State and Local government and health officials. Your health and safety is our top priority. We appreciate your patience as this is a fluid situation.
We will continue to post any changes to our website and Facebook page.
INFORMATION REGARDING THE COMMUNITY CENTER AND RECREATION PROGRAMMING:
• The Community Center is closed indefinitely. Staff will remain available to assist customers through email and phone, however, we cannot take registrations over the phone.
• All recreation programs held at the Community Center will be postponed indefinitely.
• The Oconomowoc Community Center preschool program has been cancelled until further notice. Credits or refunds will be issued once we know the number of classes affected.
• Due to the closing of the Oconomowoc Area School District, all recreation classes/programs held within school facilities will be cancelled or postponed indefinitely.
• At this time, we are working to reschedule or postpone classes. Program credits will be issued by staff for any classes that cannot be made up.
o Credits have already been made to the following classes:
▪ Learn to skate
▪ Saturday tennis classes
▪ March Tae Kwon Do
o The following classes have been postponed:
▪ Wednesday tennis lessons
▪ Creative Art
▪ Line Dance
▪ Self Defense
▪ Pee Wee Dance
▪ All Fitness Classes
▪ Volleyball Leagues
• Senior Dartball is cancelled for the remainder of the season.
• Registrations can be done online at the link below.
Please note: some program schedules may be modified so please refer to the online class listing in comparison to your hard copy brochure for the most up-to-date program schedules.
Here is a link to our online program listing.
• Waukesha County Nutrition Program is suspending its congregate meals at the Community Center and will be only delivering home, until further notice.
This includes the meal program offered through the County at the Community Center. Participants may signup to receive Meals on Wheels by calling Waukesha County at 262-548-7848.
If you have any questions, you can always contact us by phone, 262-569-2199 or by email email@example.com .
We will respond in as timely a manner as possible.
Again, thank you for your patience.
Oconomowoc Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department staff