Class C WineClass C Wine licensees (restaurants) may sell wine by the glass or in an opened original container for consumption on the premise where sold. If there is a barroom, wine must be the only intoxicating liquor sold. The fee is $100.
License Application Information
- An original license means it is a brand new license.
- The auxiliary questionnaire is to be submitted with all original license applications.
- The agent schedule is to be submitted with all original license applications. This form must also be submitted if the establishment changes the agent. This requires Common Council approval. The fee is $10.
- A renewal license means the licensee is requesting renewal of the existing license due to annual expiration.
Application ProcessThe above applications must be submitted 15 days prior to a Common Council meeting for consideration (council meets the first and third Tuesday of every month).
- Background checks are required. Background checks can be done on Tuesdays from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm and Wednesdays from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm. The fee is $20.
- Fingerprinting is required for original applications. The fee is $25.
- A publication fee is required upon application. The fee is $15.
- A license fee is due before a license is issued.
- A Wisconsin seller's permit number and FEIN number must be included on the application.
- All liquor licensed establishments will be inspected by the city Police Department, Fire Department, and building inspector.
Licenses shall be valid for one year and will expire annually on June 30.