Sex Offender Registry Info
Sex Offender Residency & Registration
The City of Oconomowoc has a municipal ordinance regarding residency for registered sex offenders. Some of the key points are listed below, but all citizens are encouraged to read the whole ordinance for specific questions and answers regarding registered sex offenders.
- Establish a residence within a 1,000 feet of school, day care, shelter facility, treatment center, foster home, youth center.
- Any facility used for
- Athletic fields used by children
- Public library
- Public park, parkway, parkland park facility
- Public playground
- Public swimming area
- Specialized school (gymnastics, dance, or music)
- No registered sex offender may reside in the City of Oconomowoc, except under the following circumstances:
- They did so prior to the ordinance taking effect or at the time their most recent offense
- They were granted residency by the Appeal Board.
Landlords Prohibited from Renting
It is unlawful to rent to a sex offender if place is located within 1,000 feet of any of the above listed locations
Prohibited from Participation in Halloween Activities
- It is unlawful for sex offenders to participate in either directly or indirectly in the distribution of candy or any other items to children on Halloween.
- Must remain indoors or away from residence minimum of one-half hour before scheduled trick or treat events to one-half hour after scheduled times
All citizens are encouraged to frequently check the Wisconsin Department of Corrections Sex Offender Registry List, to stay current and informed about locations of registered sex offenders living in the City of Oconomowoc. City of Oconomowoc map