Local Ordinances of Importance
Garbage / Recycling - No garbage or recycling materials (including lawn waste) may be placed out for collection more than 24 hours prior to pick-up. Questions in this area should be directed to the Oconomowoc Department of Public Works at (262) 569-2189.
Special arrangements must be made with John's Disposal, at (262) 473-4700, for pick-up of furniture, appliances, water heaters, air conditioners, and carpeting. A charge may apply for removal of these items. Tires and batteries are not picked up in the city.
Pets must be on a leash anytime they are off your premises. Pets must be under physical or voice control on your premises. Waste from pets must be picked up when walking your pet. Dogs must be licensed. Licenses are available from the Utility Billing Office, (262) 569-3239.
- Riding a bicycle (or skateboard) on sidewalks in the downtown area or on sidewalks in front of commercial properties (such as shopping centers) is prohibited. The City of Oconomowoc has specific regulations on the use of in-line skates. Copies of authorized route maps including general information about the use of in-line skates are available at the Police Department.
- Sidewalks must be cleared of snow and ice within 24 hours after each snowfall. Snow may not be thrown or placed in the street.
- Lawn waste, grass clippings, and leaves may not be blown or placed in the street.
- Open burning of leaves or waste is not permitted in the City of Oconomowoc.
- The sale and use of private / personal fireworks are not allowed at any time. A permit for commercial fireworks is required. Sparklers snakes and some smoke devices are the only items that can be legally used. Please contact the Police Department if you have questions.
For more details see Municipal Code Ordinances.
Recent Changes or New Ordinances