Beaches are open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
- City Beach - Swimming Hours 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Bender Beach - Swimming Hours 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Beach admissions can be purchased at each location. Credit cards are not accepted.
- Daily Bands $ 2.50 each Resident / $ 5.00 Non-resident
- Season Bands $20.00 each Resident / $45.00 Non-resident
- *Children under six are free with a paid adult. Adult must be within arms-reach of child at all times.
- *Residents are those who reside in the City and pay City of Oconomowoc taxes. Non-residents are individuals who reside outside the City of Oconomowoc. This includes the Town of Oconomowoc.
- Beach bands are required at all city beaches and can be purchased at the guard house. Beach bands must be worn on the sand and in the water.
- Children 5 and under are not allowed in the water unless a parent or adult over the age of 16 is at arm’s-length away from them.
- Only strong swimmers are allowed at the piers. Floatation devices must remain in the shallow section.
- No swimming under the piers, hanging on the ropes, buoys, or ladders. Only one person on the ladder at a time. No climbing down the ladder.
- Horseplay, such as running, splashing, pushing/shoving, or dunking, is not permitted.
- No backwards jumps, back dives or flips off of the piers.
- No throwing sand/rocks, swearing, or sitting/standing on another person's shoulders.
- Swimming in long pants is prohibited.
- Glass, grills, bikes, and pets are not allowed in the park. Alcohol is prohibited on the beach, but allowed in the park. No food or drink in the water.
- Fishing in or near the swimming or boat launch area is not allowed.
- No feeding the waterfowl (per city ordinance).
Public Swimming Access
Park Street Swimming Access is located on the southern shore of Lac Labelle at the end of Park Street. There is limited street parking available. Woodland Lane is located on the southern shore of Lac Labelle at the end of Woodland Lane. There is limited street parking available.
The City of Oconomowoc will test water quality at City Beach and Bender Beach. Testing will occur weekly beginning the week prior to Memorial Day and continue through September. The City will test more frequently if the following situations occur:
- After a major pollution event where potential exists that indicator levels may be expected to exceed standard (sewage leak, spill)
- Immediately following the exceedance of the water quality standards.